Sunday, January 22, 2012

15 weeks


Here I am, 15 weeks along.  One picture I didn't post from the ultrasound (it was really blurry) is the one indicating that the baby's gender is possibly a boy.  Lorin and I have both felt like its a boy from the start and that ultrasound pretty much confirmed it for us, although it's still a little early to be 100% sure.  So until I find out otherwise this is Max (not sure on a middle name yet) Larson.

I am so excited to be getting farther along in my pregnancy.  I've been feeling better as I've moved into the 2nd trimester but still feel a bit queezy once in a while.  I don't have any specific cravings right now, just kind of eat whatever sounds good that day.  One thing that is my go to food, if nothing else sounds good, is a turkey sandwich with cheese and miracle whip. Simple and very tasty.

My clothes still fit although most of my pants are starting to have to remain unbuttoned. Its always hard to put on weight, but because I have a life growing inside of me I've been perfectly ok with the changes I'm going through. And it doesn't hurt that I have a husband who makes me feel beautiful everyday and "can't wait for my belly to get bigger".....  :)  I'm learning to embrace these changes and anytime I look in the mirror I'm keeping a positive attitude!

I have become a walking fool.  It's not quite as fulfilling as running (I miss my "runners high") but it works and is still a stress reliever.  I need to do whats healthy for me and the baby and I'm all good with that.  Plus running is a little hard on the joints and the way my body is stretching and expanding at the moment walking is so much better.  There will be plenty of time to run after the baby.

As far as mood swings go I would say I'm doing really good.  I had a couple of episodes in my first trimester where I would just cry for no reason but other then that nothing major.  One thing I have noticed is that I have become a super home body, I hate leaving the house, period.  I don't want to even go to the store, but then again I have always hated going to our Safeway.  It makes Lorin a little stir crazy sometimes but he is handling it well.  I think the major thing is that I am just super tired therefore I feel like being lazy and a bum, especially on the weekends.

So that's just a little update so far.  Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment