Tuesday, July 30, 2013

1yr Stats



Mollie had her 1yr check up today (2 weeks late).  She got 2 shots, and took them like a champ.  Cried when she got them but was fine by the time we got out of the Dr's office.  She weighs 16.10lbs and is 29in long.  Tall and skinny.  Everyone keeps telling me she will hit a growth spurt but I haven't seen one yet.  She is perfectly healthy and happy.

My last post I didn't really say much about her progress.

She says a handful of words and thanks to her Baby Einstein video had started say ball "ba" and doing the sign for it.  I was completely amazed when I figured out what she was doing.  It blows my mind at how smart she is.

She has started dancing.  I suck at uploading videos to my blog but I have a few of her shaking her little booty.

She is not walking yet, she is starting to stand more on her own until she realizes what she is doing then falls down.  She has a walker that she pushes around 24/7 and she likes to try and put things on it and push them around but she gets very angry when they fall off.  Lorin and I have decided to buy her a little shopping cart so she can put things in it and push all she wants.  She has mastered going up and down stairs.  She loves to play on the couch then throw the pillows down on the floor and slide off onto the pillows.  Just an FYI I am always with her when this happens but the girl gets stuff figured out. When she wants to do something she does it.  I know once she wants to walk she will.

She is eating good.  Her favorite foods so far are waffles, pancakes, any sort of bread or roll, spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, mashed potatoes and Mac-n-Cheese.  I still feed her the fruit and vegetable purees because fruits and veggies are the ones things I can't get her to eat, although she is finally starting to eat bananas with us when we eat them.  She loves them pureed but not the real stuff.  I keep trying though.

For the most part she has a calm temperament but when she gets impatient she gets impatient, and will throw little fits here and there.  I usually ignore her when this happens or distract her with something else.  Both usually do the trick.

She is going through a pinching phase and gets her hands spanked..........a lot......  I always feel bad but she needs to learn.  She will always crawl up behind me when I am not paying attention and pinch the crap out of my leg.  At least she isn't biting......yet!

Speaking of biting she has 2 bottom teeth and a top one breaking the surface.

And that is all I can think of right now, my brain is fried today and I have a busy week ahead and we are leaving for Utah on Saturday for a week.  Should be fun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment