Monday, July 15, 2013

1 (O.N.E.)

I have so many emotions writing this post.  I can't believe my baby is 1 and no longer "really" a baby.  I look back and think how did it happen so fast?  It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital.  Heck it seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant.

Becoming a mother has changed me, I'm pretty sure it changes everyone in different ways.  For me, it has made me look at the world different and really come to know what's important and what isn't.  It has made me try to be a better person everyday so I can be the best example possible for Mollie.  I want her to love everyone equally no matter what.  I especially want her to love herself.  Self confidence is so important for me to instill in her.

And more important then it all is I want her to know she is a Daughter of God.

I love this little girl more than words can express.  When I look into her eyes I feel this amazing connection to her that I could never explain.  She is my everything.

Bear with me as I take a walk down memory lane with some of my favorite pictures of Mollie:















































And with that I give you my 1 yr old!





I'm so glad to be done taking monthly pictures of her.  She will not sit still anymore and loves to take her headbands off.  Whew....



Earlier in the morning I gave her some of her new toys, which she loved (see above), and the rest of the day was quite busy so we planned a small party in the evening with family and friends and had cupcakes and ice cream.  I didn't go all out for her birthday at all.  I kinda feel bad like I should have done more but Lorin and I decided she didn't need anything like that since she doesn't even know whats going on yet.  Plus we will have plenty of time for big birthday parties.














She wasn't too sure about her cupcake at first but once she got a taste of it she dug right in.

Her future husband came to her party and tried to give her her first kiss but she wasn't having any of it!


So Cute!!






After cupcakes and ice cream it started raining so we moved the party inside where we opened presents and all the kiddos had a blast playing.








**Special thanks to Laurie and Chad for being part of our picture....lol**


Happy Birthday to my beautiful Mollie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment