Monday, May 14, 2012

31 Weeks


Here I am......9 weeks til the due date.  The countdown is on.

I have to admit I'm getting nervous.....I feel so overwhelmed, stressed, excited, scared, etc.... all at the same time.  There are so many thoughts that are constantly running through my brain that I find it hard to concentrate sometimes.  I'm assuming this is normal?!?

My glucose test at 28 weeks came back totally normal and healthy.  My check up last week went good as well.  Dr. said everything is perfect, my weight, blood pressure, the baby's heartbeat, and her measurements, all perfect.  I'm now going to the Dr. every 2 weeks and will continue this until 36 weeks, then it's every week until delivery.  Yikes! 

I still feel great, I really can't complain, this has been a wonderful pregnancy for me.  Of course everyone is different but I've always heard so many horror stories that I wasn't sure what to expect.  I am starting to have a tremendous amount of pressure in my pelvic region.  For this purpose I have decided to stop running, it was getting a little hard on me, and now I walk my little heart out and still do yoga too.  Even walking sometimes causes discomfort but not as bad a running. 

Emotionally I still feel normal except for my ability to cry at the drop of a hat for no reason. I usually end up just laughing through the tears cause I have no clue why I'm crying....  It's pretty funny!  I also have to admit that I absolutely love my belly.  I think it is the coolest thing ever....  And when she is moving around in there and my belly goes all crazy it amazes me.

I've managed to make it through this pregnancy without having to buy a lot of maternity clothes.  I officially have 6 dresses, a pair of capri's, and a shirt.  That's it!  I still have a skirt (pictured above), a pair of work pants, and shirts that are not maternity but still fit.  It's not that I'm trying to NOT buy maternity clothes it's just that we are saving every penny possible so I don't want to waste money on a ton of maternity clothes, especially work clothes since after the baby comes I won't be working.  I'm making due with what I have and lounge around in a lot of Lorin's clothes.

As far as being ready for this baby, I think we are about as ready as we can be.  Thanks to my baby shower and some shopping on our own I think we have most of the things we need for now.  I know there will be things after the baby comes that we still need...but I'm not worried about that yet.

Stay tuned......




No comments:

Post a Comment