Wednesday, November 14, 2012

4 Months

Interesting fact.  On 11-13-2011 I was exactly 5 weeks pregnant and on 11-13-2012 Mollie was exactly 4 months old.



Mollie had her 4 Month check up today and she was 13lbs 2oz and 24 inches long!  She was supposed to get her 4 month vaccinations as well however they have to be exactly 2 months apart and her last ones were done on 9/17 so we have to wait until Monday.  I was ready to get it over with.

I love being home with this beautiful girl and getting to watch her grow and learn everyday.  She is so happy all the time and it makes me happy too!  She has started laughing, and its so awesome.  I try to make her laugh as much as possible.  She smiles non stop, especially at her daddy.  Just look at that smile (above), doesn't it just melt your heart?

She rolled over for the first time the other day, and it took both her and I by surprise.  I knew she was getting close, I thought for sure it would be from her back to belly first but nope.  I had her on her tummy the other night and next thing I knew she rolled right over to her back.  Sweet. 

She pretty much sleeps through the night, and has for a while, with a few exceptions of waking up in the early am.  But even then she eats and goes right back to sleep.  She has also officially started taking naps in her crib instead of her bassinnet.  She seems to nap better in her crib which is nice but it makes me sad at the same time because that means she is growing up.  Hopefully napping in her crib will help the transition for when she starts sleeping in her crib at night.  

One last thing to note is this girl slobbers like crazy!!  Seriously!  I'm pretty sure she does not swallow one drop of spit, it all runs out of her mouth right down her chin.  She has this new thing where she sticks out her tongue and spits (see the 2nd and 3rd pics below) and that causes even more slobber to come out. Silly girl. 

Other then that it is life as usual for us.  We try to go for walks, when the weather is good of course, we read books and sing songs, we play with toys.  She loves to watch TV, she gets so into it.....just like her Dad....lol!!  She likes to chill in her bumbo with me while I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner or washing dishes.  When I lay her on the couch to change her diaper she loves to lay there and play with her feet.  I've also found she loves to be naked, I guess its that freedom we all love of being naked right??  

I'm so happy that she grows and learns everyday, and I get excited about the milestones she is reaching but I want her to stay my baby forever....I love this stage that she is in right now and I don't want her to grow up.  I guess that's why you have more kids right??  Someday, someday.  I love my little Mollie bug so much!

And now I can't wait for the Holidays, especially her first Christmas! 







No comments:

Post a Comment