Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Utah

Last week I got to go to Utah with my Mom to visit her sister, who I havent seen in ages.  I loaded up Mollie and Rocky and headed North.  Mollie did awesome on the trip, I was worried about her but it turned out fine.  Rocky also did good.  

We stopped in Monticello, at the Park, on the way up, to take a break and have lunch.  It was beautiful there with all of the trees changing.  Monticello is the town where my Dad was born and raised, so that place is very familiar to us, I spent a lot of time there growing up and my Uncle still lives there.








We made it safe and sound late in the afternoon, and spent the rest of the week just relaxing a lot and catching up.








My Aunt has a dog (Maggie - not pictured) that Rocky wanted to play with but she was an old grouchy thing and wouldn't play so he played with her toys instead.



 Mollie and I and Rocky went on a lot of walks.


There is also a beautiful running/walking trail right by my Aunts house that I ran on in the mornings and ran into some deer one morning.






We went to Price a couple of times to do some shopping (Wal-Mart).  I bought Mollie some new toys and she loved them all so much she didn't know which one to play with first.



We went out to eat while out and about and Mollie was very entertaining during our meals.









We also went to see my Grandparents house in Price where my Mom and Aunt were born and raised.


The house has changed a lot (been remolded by the new owners) but the memories I have there are still the same.  I loved going to my Grandparents house as a little girl.

It was a fun trip and I look forward to going again next yr.  I hope Mollie gets to know her Aunt since she is the only one alive on my Mom's side, my Mom's parents and brother have all passed away.

And now I leave you with one last picture.  This is my Mom and Aunt.  They thought I was taking a picture of Mollie (reverse camera on the iPhone) but I was really taking one of them.  Hehehe......





No comments:

Post a Comment