Tuesday, August 14, 2012

1 Month

I have a 1 month old!!



Where has the time gone?

It's crazy how much our lives have changed in a month.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I've gone from being selfish and materialistic (that's what "dual income no kids" people do right??) to diapers, diaper bags, bottles, formula, 3:30 am feedings, spit up on, pooped on, and peed on at least once a week, showers once a month (just kidding, but it feels like it), coupon cutting, bargin shopping, and I LOVE every second of it.  Being a mother is so amazing.  It's made me realize what's really important in life, and that's Family.  Of course it hasn't been easy and trust me I've had have my days but it is so worth it.  And it helps that I have an amazing husband who has been with me every step of the way.  He even changed the first few poopy diapers......now THAT is love.

Little miss Mollie is growing bigger and stronger everyday.  We had her 1 month check up today, she weighs 8lbs 4oz, has grown 1 1/4 inches and is progressing just like she should.  By the second week we had her home she was already working on holding her head up.  By the third week I swear she was ready to stand, anytime she would get some footing she would try.  She loves to chill with Lorin and I, after a full belly of course, and just study and stare at us and our surroundings.  Since birth she has been very alert and always seems to be thinking and learning.  She HATES her diaper being changed, getting dressed, taking baths, getting lotion put on AND heaven forbid you take your time to feed her.  She gulps her bottles down so fast and gets so mad when you stop to burp her because she wants to keep eating!!  She is starting to smile and get excited about things and will let out her little voice here and there.  It's so amazing to see her change and grow daily.  I'm excited for her to get older but want her to stay like this at the same time.

Here are her 1 month pics.....


No comments:

Post a Comment